I know... now the sun is out and you probably are out enjoying the nice weather. But the eggless cupcake recipe I was trying worked REALLY well... Funny thing... a lovely bride sent it to me. The recipe is from the Indian Food Kitchen , then Gourmeted.com (beautiful blog) adapted and published it, and now... you can try it... It really works!
Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes (Yields 15 regular-sized cupcakes)
• 1 1/2 cup flour
• 1/3 cup cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup cold water
• 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoon white vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cupcake pans with vegetable oil spray (I used cupcake liners).
2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Mix the vegetable oil water and vanilla extract in a separate small bowl. Pour into the large
bowl containing the dry ingredients. Stir until mixture is smooth and without lumps.
4. Add the vinegar and stir rapidly (you can use a hand mixer) and immediately fill the cupcake
pans 2/3 full.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and place the cupcake pans on a cooling rack to completely cool.
7. They are great on their own, but will also work well with different varieties of frosting.