Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
A tired Rudolph, after running around so much, decided to take a rest on top of this nice buttercream cake. Enjoy the Holidays!
Monday, December 22, 2014
Every year, I make these meringue mushrooms from meringue powder to have them around for Christmas because they are so pretty and you can use them to decorate a Yule Log. But this year I found a very nice recipe with egg whites instead. I am quite happy with the results.
2 egg whites
1/2 cup of regular sugar
1/2 cup of icing sugar
1 tb of flour
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Whip egg whites on high speed and star adding the granulated sugar in a steady stream.
3. When the meringue is stiff, add icing sugar and flour.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Using a big round tip, pipe stems and big polka dots for the tops. Dust the tops with cocoa powder.
5. Bake for about 2 hours with the oven door cracked open. (I use a wooden spoon to keep it open).
6. I glue them together with a dot of Royal Icing. They can be kept in an air tight container at room temperature for up to a month.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
The bride and the groom wanted a rustic look for this cake, with lots of cream and real flowers. When the cake was finished, it looked so delicate, so pretty... A cream dream!
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
This recipe is certainly a keeper!
Club Chocolate Cake
1/2 cup of chocolate (3 oz.)
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of boiling water
Combine these 3 ingredients until chocolate and butter are melted.
2 cups of brown sugar
2 cups of flour
1 1/2 ts baking soda
1 ts salt
Combine these dry ingredients. Then, gradually add chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined. Finally add:
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt or sour cream
2 ts vanilla extract
Mix for 1 minute at medium speed. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.