Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Sugar Beer Bottle Cake...



It's finally over... The sugar beer bottles got done! There was a lot of trial and error, but I was quite happy with the results... My husband helped me drinking all those beer, so I could make those latex molds...
I follow a very good tutorial from Kayla, in Youtube. It was very helpful, but I ended up doing my own thing, because I was getting a lot of breakage and collapsed bottles...
Also, I was able to get my ice really clear, which was nice... so, everything in that cake was edible, except for the labels and tops. Label colours weren't coming out the same when printing them on edible paper.
So, after that cake we came home to celebrate Chilean Independance Day : 18 de Septiembre. It was my father's birthday today, too. Everything very special. Guess what we celebrated with... Yes! You are right! With Kokanee... Salud!

No comments: