But I also like fruit for dessert... I baked these apricots yesterday... OMG! So good... So, here is the recipe...
1 cup of large dried apricots
1 pot freshly made Earl Grey tea
3/4 cup ground almonds
1/3 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tb lemon juice
18 blanched almonds
2 ts sweet sherry
Cream, if desired
*You need to soak apricots overnight.
1. Put apricots into a bowl. Strain hot tea over them, and soak overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 400F
3. In a bowl, mix ground almonds, icing sugar, all but 2 teaspoons of butter, and lemon juice. Knead to a smooth paste.
4. Drain apricots (you can drink the tea left, it's great!). Pat apricots dry with paper towels.
5. Divide almond paste in 18 pieces. Press each piece around an almond and use to stuff apricots.
6. Brush a baking dish with remaining butter. Put apricots into dish and sprinkle with sherry. Cover with butter wax paper and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
7. Serve hot with cream, if desired.
Makes 6 servings