Tuesday, February 22, 2011
When life gives you lemons... You make lemon pie!!!
Lemon Meringue Pie
1 cup of sugar
4 tbs corn starch
1 1/2 cups of cold water
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 lemon's grated rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tb butter
1 baked pastry shell
3 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
1. In a pot: stir together sugar and corn starch.
2. Gradually stir in water until smooth.
3. Add egg yolks. Stir constantly bringing to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice, and butter. Cool.
6. Pour into pastry shell.
7. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 tb at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until stiff peaks form.
8. Spread meringue around edge and then centre.
9. Bake in 350F oven for 15 minutes.