Wednesday, April 18, 2012
My breakfast this morning...
It took most of the morning to get to eat them! First, I had to bake them. Then, I wanted a picture of them... and finally, after quite a while, we ate them with some orange marmalade... Mmmm!!!
Raisin Scones (12 scones) Oven: 350 degrees
3 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
4 ts baking powder
1 cup of butter
1/2 cup raisins
1 tb grated orange zest
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in food processor.
3. Add raisins and orange zest.
4. Combine egg and milk. Add to dry ingredients and mix by hand to make a nice compact dough until all the flour is absorbed.
5. Divide dough in half and shape into 2 balls. Flatten balls and cut each into 6 wedges.
6. Bake for about 25 or 30 minutes until light golden brown.