- Melt chocolate in double boiler, but do not overheat
- Combine glocose and liquid sugar in a bowl, and add to chocolate
- Stir mixture with wooden spoon until blended, but do not beat
- Transfer to a plastic bag and store for 24 hours at room temperature before using it. Do not place in the refrigerator.
- Before using it, knead the paste until pliable.
*Liquid Sugar (very easy to make, Nora)
- 4 parts of sugar
- 3 parts of water
Combine ingredients, bring to boil for 3 minutes. Cool to room temperature, and store in glass container. Keep cool but not refrigerated.
Now, with this chocolate paste, you could make chocolate roses, for example. But to cover a cake, I would mix the Chocolate Paste with regular fondant. Half fondant, half Chocolate Paste. The flavour is still very good!