3/4 cup of room temperature margarine or butter
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. flavouring (vanilla or lemon)
2 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream margarine or butter and add sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and flavouring and beat until smooth.
- Sift flour. Measure and resift with baking powder and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients with creamed mixture until a stiff dough is formed.
- Refrigerate dough at least one hour.
- Roll and cut shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes until delicately browned.
- Cool completely and layer and freeze or decorate and serve.