There is this white chocolate cake recipe, that I would call it white velvet instead. The result is a very soft and velvety cake, although very little of the white chocolate flavour remains... Nevertheless, this cake is a winner!
White Chocolate Velvet Cake
175 gr. white chocolate
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1 cup of milk
1 1/2 ts vanilla extract
3 cups sifted cake flour
1 cup + 3 tb. sugar
1 tb. + 1 1/2 ts baking powder
1/4 ts. salt
1/2 vegetable oil
1. In double boiler, melt white chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove from water.
2. In medium bowl, combine egg whites, 1/4 cup of milk, and vanilla.
3. Combine dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Add the oil and remaining 3/4 cup of milk. Mix on low speed until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed and beat for 1 1/2 minutes to develop the cake structure.
4. Scrape down the sides. Gradually add the egg mixture in 3 batches, beating for 20 seconds after each addition. Scrape down the sides.
5. Add the melted chocolate and beat to incorporate.
6. Scrape the batter into prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
* This recipe comes from "The Cake Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum. I changed some of the ingredients to suit my own taste.