So, here is a recipe that might help:
3 cups sifted icing sugar
1 tb Gum-Tex or Gum Tragacanth
1 tb Glucose
4 tbs warm water
1 extra cup of icing sugar (save for later use)
1. In a large bowl, mix Gum-Tex into 3 cups of icing sugar. Make a hole in the center and set aside.
2. Mix water and glucose in a glass measuring cup and blend. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds until mixture is clear.
3. Pour into mixture of icing sugar and Gum-Tex, and mix until well blended (mixture will be very soft).
4. Place mixture in plastic bag or wrap in plastic film and seal tightly.
5. Let mixture rest at room temperature for 8 hours or overnight.
6. When ready to use, knead incorporating the extra cup of icing sugar. As you work it in, gum paste should whiten and soften.
Good luck with it... and enjoy your flowers!