Monday, April 11, 2011
1 cup of butter
2 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 jar of lemon curd
1/2 cup grated coconut
1. Mix sugar and butter until creamy.
2. Add flour and baking soda.
3. Pat 2/3 of mixture into a 9" square pan (make sure you line it with parchment paper before patting the mixture)
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
5. Remove and cool slightly. Lower oven to 350 degrees.
6. Spread the lemon curd with spatula over the baked layer.
7. Add coconut to remaining 1/3 of mixture. Spread on top of lemon curd.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for another 25 minutes until lightly browned.
9. Cut into squares while still warm.
These lemon squares improve with time. But I never seem to manage to save them for the following day... Well, at least they lasted long enough to take the picture!