After trying so many recipes of this famous Italian dessert, I am keeping this recipe. A lot better done with Ladyfingers instead of cake. I hope you enjoy it!
8 ounces of mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup of sugar
3 tb of Kahlua
1 ts of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of cream
1 pkg of ladyfingers
1 cup of coffee syrup*
1. With electric mixer, beat together mascarpone cheese and sugar. Add Kahlua and vanilla extract.
2. Add cream, and beat until mixture is quite firm
3. In baking dish, arrange half of the ladyfingers over the bottom. Sprinkle them with half of the coffee syrup.
4. Spoon half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
5. Arrange the rest of the ladyfingers over mascarpone layer. Sprinkle with remaining coffee syrup. Spoon remaining mascarpone mixture on top and spread with spatula.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
7. Before serving, sift cocoa powder over the top.
3/4 cup of hot water
2 tb instant coffee
3 tb of sugar
1/4 cup of Kahlua
1. Combine water, coffee, and sugar. When sugar disolves, stir in the Kahlua.